Saturday, January 14, 2006

Simple Pleasures


These are the moments that I live for.






Finding pleasure in the little things in life....feeding the goats, on a warm January day (Is this really January?)



The other day I was bogged down in bills and paperwork - trying to make sense of all of the medical bills, trying to figure out who i could pay and who would have to wait, realizing that my knee injury and surgery was costing us about nine thousand dollars, after our crappy insurance company had paid their measley part and cohorted with the various medical providers to figure out the best way to "stick it to us". In a moment of sheer frustration, I looked up from the pile of bills in front of me, supressing the urge to scream......and realized..... looking out the back door.... that it was a bright beautiful day outside. I recalled the verse in Matthew about taking no thought for tomorrow and decided I was tired of these financial worries. I grabbed the kids and some stale bread and headed down the road to feed the goats. The kids had so much fun, and so did I, and forgot all about those stupid bills. I realized as I watched Faith and Jesse romp and laugh and play, enjoying God's creation, that my life is truly blessed. So I want to remind everyone to stop and smell the roses....or feed the goats....or whatever it takes to put it all in perspective!

Matthew 6:25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat and the body than raiment?....But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therfore no thought for the morrow; for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to me! I always find getting outside with the kids to be the cure for many things. Sometimes we will all be in a bad mood (cabin fever) and the change of scenery significantly changes our outlook on life (especially mine)! God is constantly encouraging us through his word - what a blessing to have the Bible at our fingertips.

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missy,what a wonderful thought and example. You are such a good mom and a great friend.
I love viewing your blog!! Love,Mandie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home