Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Nursery Shopping & more

It was another busy weekend at the Hill house. Kenney, Becky and the boys came down for the weekend to go to Toadsuck Daze. Turns out that was a rain out, but it was okay because we all found alternate things to do that were more fun, I think. Kenney and Mike loaded up the boat and some ponchos and went fishing all day. Hunter, Little Kenney, Ethan and Chandler came home and played in the rain and mud. Becky and I took Faith and Jesse and went shopping in Little Rock to find some things for re-doing the nursery. Becky has insisted that we re-do the nursery for this baby...I have used the same decor for all 3 kids so far - the Humpty Dumpty/Mother Goose theme - and it has been really cute each time, but she's right - it's time for a change. This time I chose a "pond animals" theme - cute little baby frogs, turtles, ducks, etc...Becky was skeptical that we would find enough stuff, but we made a haul!! I had already purchased the bedding set (a unisex yellow, blue and green, since I'm not finding out the sex). And I had already purchased from ebay a mural of a pond scene that matched my bedding. We got the mobile, lamp, window valance,picture frames, ceramic frog, turtle and snail, ducky blanket, ducky sheets, night light, light swith cover, turtle plaque, and a few stuffed animals that all coordinated very well. I can't wait to move Jesse upstairs so we can get started on the re-decorating. We have already purchased a bunk bed for Hunter's room, and Jesse has been in his "big boy bed" in his room for a couple of months now, so we'll talk about it for a few weeks then try to make the transition. I'm not sure how that will go over -- Jesse really likes his bed and his room! We'll see!


Sunday we had meeting and a picnic at Petit Jean State Park - it was a beautiful day for it.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic of me and Becky! Wasn't that fun? We will have to do a lot of camping with the kids as they get older. Our spiritual family is so important! Love you.

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good to know the colors for the new nursery!!
Love you, Mandie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home