Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Day in the Life of Jesse



Lately I have been really feeling the frustrations of motherhood.

Maybe it's because Jesse is at that stage in his life where he is into everything!!

Here's how our day went yesterday: Before I can get the breakfast dishes cleared away, Jesse begins his quest - to see just how many messes he can make in one day before Mom loses it.
He wanders into the bathroom and he must be thinking "Hmmm - what can I do with that roll of toilet paper in the cabinet -- I know!...I'll dunk it in the potty and then tear it to shreds and sling it all over the walls and floor....yeah!....that'll be fun!" As I finish cleaning the kitchen, for the first of many times that day (and every day), I decide I'd better investigate the mischeivious giggles from the bathroom. Jesse gets a good scolding and sits down on the couch and cries for a good 2 minutes before he picks himself up and moves on. As I begin the process of cleaning the bathroom mess, Jesse spies the stack of clean, folded laundry on the coffee table and just can't resist the urge to knock it off into the floor. Then the shiny water dispenser on the refrigerator catches his eye, and even though he knows it's a no-no - he starts pushing the button....on and off....watching the bursts of water shoot out onto the kitchen floor and rug. After making a pretty good size puddle in the floor, he runs through it a few times, back and forth from the other room where his play dishes are, bringing back his little tea cups to fill with water.........Now what to do with all those cups full of water....."I know - I'll pour them in Mommy's tennis shoes over there by the door, that way I can drip and spill water all over those clean clothes in the floor, as I step all over them with my dirty feet walking back and forth!"
After this, Jesse got a spanking and spent some time in his room where he stood behind the door sobbing "I sorry, Mama......I sorry, Mama.......don't get me in trouble...."

And this all happened before lunch.....the rest of our day went similarly. I spent his naptime mopping floors. Throughout the day, as I cleaned up one mess, he would sneak off and make another. He dumped half a can of fish food in the fish tank, knocked all of the books off of the bookshelves in both Hunter and Faith's rooms, smeared several kinds of my make-up into the carpet in my dressing room, pulled the clothes out of all of the drawers he could reach in Faith's room, and several other messes of a more "minor" degree!!!

I'm sure some of you can relate to this, others will think that I'm exaggerating.....THIS IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION! THIS IS REAL!.....so get ready for it, Jon & Naomi, and anyone else approaching this stage!

....God knew that it was necessary to make our children cute and adorable.....to prevent their parents from strangling them!

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you! Eden is also into everything - more so than Asher or Lilli ever were...it is frustrating! Just think - they'll be grown soon and we WILL miss them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home