Friday, May 12, 2006

Remembering Mom



As Mother's Day approaches, I am especially thankful for my 3 healthy, beautiful children. They bring such joy and meaning to my life. Nothing I have done in my life has been more difficult or satisfying. I remember my mom telling me often, in response to many things; "someday when you have children of your own, you will understand....." She was right....that day has visited me many times over - and I understand what an incredible mother she was, and I realize the sacrifices she made for her children. It is always bittersweet for me on Mother's Day because I am unable to share those things with her now, and because I have not been able to share with her my experiences with raising my children. But she continues to be an inspiration to me, and has shaped my life in ways that I could not have known until I became a mother myself. I am so thankful for her influence, and her example.

I must admit, that when I first learned that I was pregnant with my 4th child, I was a bit shocked and overwhelmed. Now I can only see it as the blessing that it truly is. It will only add joy and meaning to my life, and I thank God for the opportunity to experience Motherhood once again from the beginning.

Happy Mother's Day to all of my dear friends and family.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a strong woman! You will get to share all of your experiences with your mother in God's Kingdom - won't that be fun?
Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home